Want to learn the Avada Theme? Register for hosting+ free for 30 days and access our open learning library with over 20 hours of free video.
Why should I use the Avada theme? There are so many themes out there. What makes it different from all others? After all, there are over 3,500t themes. There are many reasons why you would want to give it a try.
Avada is easy to use. It requires no coding, and it is versatile. You can use it for design, page-building, typography, and more with no coding knowledge at all.
It is a giant in the world of WordPress themes, and it is a favorite among agencies. Why? Avada provides end-users the ability to make a website without spending much time coding. This blog post will go over this history of the Themes. From there, I will be talking about which plugins to install and its features.
History of Avada
To understand Avada, you need to understand ThemeForest, an Australian-based website by Muhammed Haris, based in Lahore, Pakistan, and Luke Beck, a web designer based in the United States. Now Avada is the highest-selling theme on the planet with over 500,000 customers. Themefusion takes pride in ensuring that its users have an excellent user experience. If you need help, Avada has easy-to-use tutorials to help you get started.
Once you install Avada, you also need to install the partner plugin, which is Fusion Core. Here is a list of must-have plugins that you need to install alongside Avada. The main plugins you need to install are:
- Avada Builder. The Avada builder is also known as the Fusion Builder and is the theme’s page builder. It’s intuitive and user-friendly for everybody, including those with no coding or WordPress experience. There are a back-end and front-end interface to get the job done.
- Avada Core. Avada Core is the theme’s companion plugin and is mandatory to install the website.
You need to install more than just the basics if you want an engaging website. There are other plugins that you need to install to have a great user experience.
Recommended Plugins for Use With Avada
There are plugins that Avada recommends that you install if you want to get the most from your website. Here is a list of plugins that Avada recommends installing on your website; whether it is for organizing events, creating forums, or tracking analytics, this list has you covered. They are:
- Hubspot. As many of you know, HubsSot is a powerhouse in content marketing. HubSpot allows you to sync your marketing and sales operations. The best part is that it is free to use, and you can connect to your website in no time. If you are selling products, WooComerce is very useful.
- WooCommerce. WooCommerce is the perfect plugin for you if you want to sell products through your website. You can take unlimited users, add as many products, and users as you want, and provide support through a payment gateway and analytics. Here is a great blog post on the many strengths of this plugin. For event planning, Avada recommends that you install The Events Calendar.
- The Events Calendar. The Events Calendar is the top calendar management plugin. Modern Tribe developed the app, and it has become a massive success. If you are like most of us, and you have upcoming meetings, you are in luck. All you have to do is install it and configure your settings. Within minutes you will be able to start creating events if you need help with getting people to see your content install Yoast.
- Yoast SEO. Yoast is a must for any WordPress webmaster who wants their content to appear in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPS). If you follow its recommendation, it will make sure your content engages users by monitoring the readability of the content. Yoast will also help you by generating XML sitemaps, create meta descriptions and page-redirects. Do you need a place for managing your subscriptions and meeting? bbPress is a great place to start.
- bbPress. Does your website need a discussion forum? bbPress is a convenient tool for setting up meetings and subscriptions.
- PWA. PWA stands for Progressive Web App. Google made the app. What makes it useful is that it provides caching strategies for websites using the theme. Here is a tutorial on ThemeFusion’s website that will guide you on using it.
These are the main plugins that are on Avada websites. Avada’s features are what truly set it apart from its competition.
Learn Avada’s Features
I have talked about the history of Avada and the plugins that you should install to get the most out of your website. Now I will go over the features that make Avada such a powerful tool. Here is a broad overview of what makes it such a powerful tool:
- Avada Themes Options Control Panel. The control panel is an excellent way for those with little coding experience to personalize their website. Through this tool, you have many custom settings and options available to you.
- Fusion Builder Content Editor. The Fusion Builder Content Editor is Avada’s page builder tool. You use it to create posts and pages, and it takes place in your WordPress dashboard. Many of its competitors require that you use the front-end of the website through a WYSIWYG editor. While this may sound complicated, it’s not because the user interface is easy to understand. If you wanted to, you could easily edit the prebuilt content of the theme.
- Post and Page Option. The Post and Page Options panel is another way for you to edit the way your content looks. You use this through the options panel that is installed by the theme. The controls here dictate how the header looks, what sidebars to be displayed, or what you want to do with background images.
In addition to the features listed above, it has hundreds of supporting features. You use these tools to insert elements into your content, support for video backgrounds, publishing tools, and more. Avada is not going away. If anything, it will expand in the coming years.
The Avada Theme: Takeaway – Learn the Avada Theme
It can be hard to choose a good theme. Hopefully, I have convinced you what a powerful tool this is. I have lots of experience with this theme, and it has never disappointed me once. It is my passion to teach others how to build WordPress websites for themselves. Currently, I am offering coaching services through WP-Homebase. Don’t be shy about checking out WP Homebase has to offer. If you’d like to learn the Avada Theme, register for hosting+ free for 30 days and access our open learning library with over 20 hours of free video.