Why spend money on a WordPress Premium website when you can simply install on for free? There are many reasons to do so.
WordPress Premium is the way to go if you are serious about commercializing your website. Don’t get me wrong – the free version of WordPress can be great if you start. If, however, you want to scale and develop your website with the most modern features, you should consider a premium theme.
Before I walk you through the many advantages of a premium WordPress theme, let’s go over why people should only rarely choose a free WordPress theme.
WordPress Themes: Disadvantages of Free
The crux of the matter is whether you should install a free theme or a paid theme. Before I go any farther, I want to emphasize that you should always check the source from where you download your website’s template. If you want to download a free theme, make sure to download it from WordPress.org. But there are some downsides about installing free themes that I want to mention.
- Many of these themes become infected with Malware. They lack quality control compared to their premium counterparts. Many of them are infected with malware and are rarely updated.
- Poor code. Since free themes are coded poorly, they open to security vulnerabilities that you won’t find in premium ones. Poor coding will also slow down your website’s performance and downloading time, which will have hurt your SEO.
- You cant customize them. With few exceptions, you don’t have much room to maneuver if you need to customize your website if it is built on a free theme. Premium themes, especially Avada, have all these features that allow you to customize your website in any way you want.
- You won’t have any tech support. Sooner or later, something will go wrong. You can try to research it or look for answers on forums. But that could take you hours to resolve the problem. If you have a premium theme, you will have 24-7 tech support to help you.
WordPress premium themes are a diverse bunch, but they do share common characteristics.
WordPress Premium: Universal Characteristics
There are too many Premium themes out there to count. But all the good ones share similar characteristics.
- Customization options. A premium plan allows you to customize a website in any way you want. Customization is among the main advantages that can’t be stressed enough. In a world with billions of websites, how will you stand out if it resembles hundreds of others? Great premium themes allow you to customize your page style, SEO, and plug-in support. Many premium themes have an Options Panel or a Theme Customizer.
- Design. Much of a website’s success comes down to its design. Have any of you clicked on a website that looked interesting but left after seeing a botched website? I have. Many free themes are lacking when it comes to this.
- Responsive Design and mobile-friendliness. I can’t emphasize how important this is. As more and more users access the web through mobile devices. Here is a blog post that I wrote about responsive-design
- SEO-support. Without SEO, visitors would not be able o find our websites. Many premium options provide SEO support that free ones don’t
The question is, what premium option should I try? The answer to that would be Avada.
Avada: The Fastest-Growing Premium Theme
I own a thriving WordPress agency, and Avada is the theme that has never failed us. There is a reason for that. It meets my needs as well as my clients.
Do you need an e-commerce website? What about a portfolio, legal services, or gallery website? Are you a beginner or a professional developer? Avada has got you covered.
Avada is what is known as a multipurpose theme. Multipurpose themes give website owners a lot of tools to use. You can use a single theme across different projects while customizing a particular website for its needs.
It has an endless amount of plugins, page templates, and customization options that allow you to build any website of your choosing.
Here is a brief overview of what makes Avada such a powerful tool:
- A massive library of elements that you can insert into your content
- Publishing tools that allow you to build portfolios and testimonials
- Selection of prebuilt templates and websites that you can try out
- Popular plugins are widely available. They include Yoast, WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, HubSpot, and many more.
If you are unsure what type of theme you are looking for, I will walk you through what to keep in mind when choosing the right premium theme.
Choosing the Right WordPress Premium Theme
The abundance of choices can be overwhelming. I get that. If you are still unsure of what you want, I can point you in the right direction.
Before you do anything, make a list of features that you want on your website. Are you selling products in global markets? Then you should make sure it is translation-ready. Write down the features you want and narrow it down from there.
What you should strive for above all else is simplicity. Having too much on your website will distract users and encourage them to leave. What I love about Avada is that if you know what you are looking for, it will get the job done very quickly. As I mentioned earlier in the post, you need a responsive design.
Responsive design is no longer optional. The right themes have a responsive design already built-in. Regardless of which theme you choose, you should look into its responsive design features. If you don’t, that can kill traffic to your website. Bloated themes can also hurt your website.
Sometimes developers will code feature-rich themes with fancy music players or gaming capabilities. The problem with that is two-fold: that will slow your website’s load-time and distract users from the purpose of your website. With Avada, you only add what you want. Any decent premium theme will take the above considerations into account.
The Takeaway- Upgrade to Avada
Upgrading or buying a new theme can be daunting. Hopefully, this blog post has made it less daunting. If you want to scale your business, this will make things much simpler for you. Regardless of which theme you choose, you will have round-the-clock tech support, limitless customization options, and built-in responsive design. I am currently offering coaching services through WP-Homebase. If you’d like to learn the Avada Theme, register hosting + free for 30 days and access our open learning library with over 20 hours of free video.